Crockpot recipes are good. Barbecue is really good. Crockpot Barbecue is really really good!! I love the convenience of crockpot recipes on a busy day. While there have been busier days, Wednesday I had plans to go to the library for the morning story time and a park play date with friends from church in the afternoon until dinnertime. All day I was happy knowing that when we came home hungry from playing at the park dinner would be practically ready to go. Add your favorite barbecue sauce to make this irresistible!
Crockpot Barbecue Source: My Mom
3 lb Roast (I use Eye of Round or whatever looks the best in store)
1/2 C Water
3 Tbl Vinegar
2 Tbl Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Cumin
1 1/2 bottles of your favorite Barbecue Sauce
1. Trim the fat from the roast and place in crockpot.
2. Stir together the water, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder and cumin. Pour over the meat.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
4. Remove the meat and discard the cooking liquid.
5. Using two forks shred the meat and return it to the crockpot.
6. Stir in the barbecue sauce and cook on high for 20 minutes until heated through.