Yesterday I was just going about my day minding my own business, looking at food blogs when WHAM! I saw these Gooey Pumpkin Butterscotch Brownies at Picky Palate. Everything stopped. I did not start making dinner, I went to the store. I was on a mission to make these brownies. I love brownies, pumpkin and butterscotch so I knew that I needed to try these out asap! I mean how could these possibly not be awesome? They have a whole bag of butterscotch chips and butterscotch ice cream topping plus the brownies! Man, I may need to eat another one while I write this :) The hardest part of making these brownies was waiting the HOUR the directions indicate to allow them to cool. I must say I failed the mission to wait one hour. I think I may have last 15 minutes but probably only 12. Can I still give myself An 'A' For Effort?
I must say however, that I enjoyed the brownies more once they were fully cooled than I did straight out of the oven. If you have the will power to wait the hour it is worth it. Or you can do like I did and eat some right away and some later so you can decide for yourself :) Straight out of the oven the brownies are very very gooey and would not hold their shape, once cool you can cut them into squares. They will still be very gooey. You wouldn't want to try and eat one with out silverware.
Gooey Pumpkin Butterscotch Brownies Source: Picky Palate
1 Box Brownie Mix
1/4 C Water
1/2 C Vegetable Oil
1 Bag Butterscotch Chips
1 Small box Instant Butterscotch Pudding Mix
1 1/2 C Canned Pumpkin (I used the whole can which is 1 3/4 C)
1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
|Little holes from melted butterscotch chips|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl mix brownie mix, water, oil, eggs, chips, pudding, pumpkin and cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
3. Pour half of mix into a 11 x 7 (I used a 9 x 13) inch baking pan that has been lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Pour 1/2 Cup butterscotch ice cream topping over brownie mix.
5. Pour remaining brownie mix over top.
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes mostly clean from center.
7. Let cool for 1 hour before removing from pan and cutting into squares.