With all the Christmas cookies and parties laded with delicious yummy snack foods, a lighter dinner is just what we needed! How about you? Ready for an extra healthy, quick and flavorful recipe? This tuna salad is great in a pita pocket for lunch or dinner, or on top of crackers as an appetizer or snack. This recipe has been known to turn a few former 'I don't like tuna salad' people into White Bean and Tuna Salad fans! Very tasty, you will find yourself going back for more!
White Bean and Tuna Salad Source: Mel's Kitchen Cafe
1/2 C chopped red onions
Zest and juice of 1 lemon or 2-3 T of bottled lemon juice
2 (5 or 6 oz.) cans of tuna, drained
2 (15 oz.) cans of Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 C chopped fresh flat leaf parsley (I didn't have any and used dried instead but would recommend fresh if you can)
A few splashes of hot sauce
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Salt and olive oil to taste
1. Combine lemon juice and onion in a small bowl. Allow to sit a minute while you get the other things ready and to take some of the edge of the onion.
2. In a large bowl mix the tuna and beans.
3. Add the parsley, black pepper, and lemon/onion mixture, stirring to combine.
4. Add Tabasco or hot sauce to taste.
5. Do a little taste test. Add more lemon if needed, olive oil if it seems too dry and salt to taste.
6. Serve chilled or at room temperature. May be refrigerated for a couple hours up to a day before serving.
This post linked to: Decidely Healthy or Horridly Decadent at ceo a's draiocht