With spring fast approaching (YAY!) I wanted to share these Butterfly Cupcakes with you! I made them for a woman's event at our church and everyone loved them. As typical for me I used a box mix for the cake (I love the convenience of box mixes, maybe someday I'll start doing it from scratch...) and just added the decorations. The butterflies are really easy to make. I used raisins (cut in half or thirds lengthwise) for the antennae, instead of black licorice rope because I didn't have any and didn't want to buy any (we aren't really black licorice fans, are you guys?) Hope you like them!
Butterfly Cupcakes Idea Source: The Cupcake Recipes
1 box cake mix + eggs, water & oil as indicated on box
Your favorite butter cream recipe
Food gel coloring
Circular candies (I used Sprees)
Black licorice rope or raisins (if you use raisins, cut them lengthwise to get a thinner antennae)
1. Prepare and bake cupcakes as indicated on box.
2. Once cupcakes are cool, frost with butter cream.
3. Using a Wilton #12 tip add a frosting body for the butterfly down the center of the cupcake.
4. Add a pretzel at a 45 degree angle on each side of the body, pushing the pretzel slightly into the cupcake.
5. Place a circle candy at the top of the body as a head.
6. Add antennae.