Don't these adorable little Peeps in their bird nests just make you smile? I made these with my sister Gabby when she was in town visiting from Portland. It was soo wonderful to see her!! Just looking at the pictures of the nests makes me miss her!
The nests are made of Rice Krispies and Chow Mein noodles. You can hold them together with however you like. I used a mixture of marshmallows and the yummy Oreo White Chocolate Peanut Butter from my last post.
If you have children or grandkids I would recommend making these together with them! The nests are just formed with your hands and kids would enjoy adding the birds and their jelly bean eggs!
Easter/Spring Peep Bird Nests Idea from: Sun Scholars
4 C Rice Krispies cereal
2 C Chow Mein noodles
5 C mini marshmallows
1 C Oreo White Chocolate Peanut Butter
3 tbsp butterPeeps
1. Combine Rice Krispies and Chow Mein noodles in a bowl. Set aside.
2. In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the butter.
3. Add the marshmallows and stir to coat. Heat in microwave for 60-90 seconds or until nearly melted.
4. Once the marshmallows are melted, stir in the peanut butter.
5. Add the Rice Krispies and Chow Mein noodles and mix well.
6. Spray a little cooking spray on your hands. Form small bird nests using your hands and place on wax paper.
7. Add a marshmallow Peep birdie and some jelly bean eggs.