If you are in mood for rich, decadent, irresistible brownies look no further. These are my favorite brownies if I am going all out :) Matt requested them for his birthday this year and I was thrilled for an excuse to make them! The entire brownie is rich, rich, rich (which I love, love, love). Brownie base, topped with chocolate chips, covered with caramel and either walnuts or pecans! Trust me, if you like brownies or caramel these are for you! I used to not like nuts but always liked them in this. If you are unsure do half with nuts and half without, you may be surprised to find you like them best with the nuts too!
Don't forget Mother's Day is this Sunday! If you are looking for a recipe mom will love this is your one!
Brownies Supreme (German Chocolate Brownies) Source: My sister Gabby
1 box German Chocolate cake mix
3/4 C margarine
1/2 C + 1-2 tbsp Evaporated Milk, divided
50-75 caramels (I usually go on the higher end :)
1 lb chopped walnuts or pecans (I don't always use this much)
16 oz. milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9 x 13 pan and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine the cake mix, margarine and 1/2 C evaporated milk.
3. Put half of the cake mixture into the 9 x 13 pan and smooth around until it covers the pan. The mixture will be very thick, similar to cookie dough.
4. Bake the thin layer for 5-8 minutes.
5. While the base is cooking, unwrap your caramels. Place in a microwave safe bowl and combine with 1-2 tbsp of evaporated milk. Melt in the microwave, stirring occasionally.
|View before you spread around the final layer|
6. Remove the base layer from the oven and add the chocolate chips, nuts and finally the melted caramel. Do your best to spread around the caramel.
7. Add the remaining half of the cake mixture in blobs to the top of the caramel layer. You won't need to spread it around, return to oven for 5 minutes.
8. After 5 minutes spread the slightly baked cake mixture around so that it covers the whole pan.
9. Return to the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes.
This post linked to: Sweets for a Saturday at Sweet as Sugar Cookies