Last week my in-laws were kind enough to send home some of our Easter ham with me. I had several ideas of what I wanted to do with it. I was having a hard time deciding on the 'one' until I saw this recipe at One Crazy Cookie. My husband absolutely loved this! It was so creamy and the ham was wonderful! I don't think anyone in my house would complain if we made it with all ham and no chicken. Another bonus, Tiffanee said that this freezes well! So I made a double batch and have one in the freezer for when my little girl comes in July :)
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Source: One Crazy Cookie
8 oz. frozen cubed hashbrowns (I used a lot more, my bag was 20 oz and had a mix of potatoes and onion)
3-4 chicken breasts cooked and diced
1/2 lb ham, cubed
1 -8 oz. cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded swiss cheese, divided
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place hashbrowns in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
3. Layer the chicken and ham on top.
4. Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded swiss cheese on top.
5. In a separate bowl, combine soup, cream cheese, milk and pepper.
6. Drop the soup mixture on top and spread around until it covers the dish.
7. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. **If you are freezing your casserole now, wrap it up at this point and put in the freezer.
8. Cover and bake at 350 F for 50 minutes.