Fried Ice Cream is a must for me whenever we eat out at a Mexican restaurant. I always manage to find a little room for this yummy dessert :) I had some trouble finding a recipe that I liked for Fried Ice Cream and ended up just coming up with this one on my own. Matt suggested less cinnamon and more honey on the 'fried' topping. Our friends who ate this with us said it was perfect as is. This was surprisingly easy to make and perfect for a hot summer night cookout with our friends. I hope you enjoy it!
Fried Ice Cream Source: An 'A' For Effort
1.75 quart container vanilla ice cream
4 C corn flakes cereal
1/2 C sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp honey
1. In a ziploc bag coarsely crush the corn flakes. Add in the sugar, cinnamon and honey.
2. Smoosh it all around coating the cereal the best you can. The honey may glob up a bit, just try to break it up.
3. Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop out a ball of ice cream approximately the size of a tennis ball.
4. Drop the ice cream ball into the ziploc bag of coated corn flakes. Using your hands on the outside of the bag press the cereal onto the ice cream and make it more of a circle shape if it is mis-shapen.
5. Place in a 9 x 13 pan that has a tight fitting lid.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 until you have used all of the ice cream and topping.
7. Put the lid on the 9 x 13 pan and place in the freezer until you are ready to eat it. I had mine in for about 2 hours but you could probably eat it right away too.
8. Top with Reddi-Whip, chocolate syrup and a cherry before serving.