Big surprise- another Mexican dish coming from my kitchen :) I saw this at Pass the Peas Please and immediately bookmarked it. Very yummy and very cheesy! From my picture it almost looks like all cheese beneath the black olives but trust me there is some chicken and chips in there as well. I like spicy but because I require the boys to eat whatever we are eating I have been trying to tone down the spice a little, so I used 1/2 of the recommended jalapenos. I would have liked the full amount but 1/2 was really good too and the bonus- my boys gobbled it right up!
Chicken Santa Fe Source: Pass the Peas Please
1/2 tablespoon olive oil1 pound chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken
1 can diced jalapenos (I used 1/2 can)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can sliced olives, divided
4 green onions, chopped and divided
Doritos tortilla chips
8 ounces Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
1. Brown chicken in olive oil for 15 minutes. Shred chicken; reserve chicken broth.
2. Combine soup, sour cream, broth, jalapenos, 1/2 can olives, and 1/2 onions. Add chicken.
3. In a 9 x13 pan, layer tortilla chips, chicken mixture and cheese.
4. Top with remaining olives and onions.
5. Bake for 25 minutes at 350.