Wow! Oh WOW! If you want to treat someone to an extra special, exceptional and truly decadent breakfast make them this Creme Brulee French Toast! I was completely blown away by this recipe. As soon as I tried it I said to Matt, "This might just be the best thing I've made in a long time." I wasn't really sure what to expect when I tried out this recipe or just how sweet it would be. In fact, when I served it I had syrup on the table. You won't need syrup! The bottom of the french toast gets an amazing, gooey yet somehow slightly crispy layer of delicious caramel. You can serve it however you prefer, I inverted it so that the unbelievable caramel side is on top.
Lincoln helped me make this. It is actually very very easy. I love love love it when easy recipes taste outstanding! Nothing fancy to the preparation so let the kids in on the fun :) Not that you need another reason to make this, but it is a make ahead recipe! Mix it up the night before, sleep in and just pop it in the oven when you wake up!
|Lincoln was so excited to help me make this for Daddy!|
Creme Brulee French Toast Source: Your Homebased Mom
1/2 C unsalted butter
1 C packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp corn syrup
1 loaf of french bread or other artisan style bread
5 large eggs
1 1/2 C half and half
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp orange juice concentrate
1/4 tsp salt
1. In a small pan melt butter with brown sugar and corn syrup. Stir until smooth. Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
2. Cut bread into 1″ thick slices. Do not use end pieces. Arrange bread slices into pan, on top of sugar mixture. Squeeze them to fit together.
3. In a bowl mix together eggs, half and half, vanilla, orange juice concentrate and salt. Pour evenly over bread.
4. Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.
5. Heat oven to 350 degrees and bring bread to room temperature before baking.
6. Bake bread mixture uncovered until edges of pale gold. Approx 30-40 minutes.