Chocolate chip cookies are so wonderful. They are probably my favorite dessert. I really really like cookies, especially those containing chocolate. Everyone has a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and if you are like me, you probably have several variations you make depending on your mood. I like this particular recipe because it calls for melted butter (I usually don't like to wait for the butter to soften on the counter and have a legacy of mis-attempts at softening it in the microwave) and because of the fantastic flavor and texture. This particular recipe does not include vanilla. Celebrate the weekend with a batch of cookies!
Chocolate Chip Cookies Source: Baker's Corner (recipe bag of chocolate chips)
2/3 C butter, melted
2 C brown sugar, lightly packed
2 tbsp hot water
2 2/3 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2- 2 C milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a mixer combine melted butter, brown sugar, eggs and hot water. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl combine remaining ingredients, except for the chocolate chips.
4. Stir the dry ingredients into the butter mixture.
5. Mix in the chocolate chips.
6. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.