We love love Mexican food at our house. At least once a week we have something Mexican for dinner, many weeks more than once. Quesadillas are so versatile and delicious. I usually have a bunch of toppings available and make each quesadilla to order. Here were the requests this week:
Carson: Cheese and beans
Lincoln: Cheese, black olives and chicken
Matt: Cheese, black olives, sauteed mushrooms and onions, bacon and chicken
Me: Cheese, sauteed mushrooms and onions, bacon, chicken, black beans and olives. (Yeah, I know I have the most toppings, but I am the one making them, so I can do that :)
Feel free to add whatever toppings you like. You can't really go wrong with quesadillas!
Chicken, Cheese, You Name It Quesadillas Source: An 'A' For Effort
1-2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1/2 packet of taco seasoning
black olives, sliced
bacon, cooked and crumbled
cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Cook and shred chicken. Mix with 1/2 packet of taco seasoning and set aside.
2. Cook and crumble bacon. Set aside.
3. Saute mushrooms and onions. Set aside.
4. Rinse black beans and set aside.
5. Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Add bottom tortilla shell. Top with desired toppings. Place a second tortilla shell on top and spray it with cooking spray.
6. Cook over medium-low heat until the bottom shell begins to brown. Once a nice and toasty flip over. Continue to bake until this shell becomes toasted.
7. Cut into wedges and serve.