My two boys would probably be happy eating tortilla shells for every meal. They are a staple in my kitchen just like milk and bananas. Matt, while he likes tortilla shells, he expects something to be inside it. This breakfast filling was super. We really enjoyed these and I think you will too!
Feel free to add in whatever you like. I used some leftover Cheesy Rotel Dip with taco meat that we had had on nachos, along with some black olives and green onions. If you are short on time the filling is really good by itself or wrapped in tortilla burrito style instead of pan toasted as a quesadilla.
Breakfast Quesadillas Source: An 'A' For Effort
Milk (about 1/2 tablespoon per egg used)
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Cheesy Rotel Dip with taco meat
Green Onion, chopped
Black Olives, sliced
*No exact measurements, I used 8 eggs but it depends on how hungry your family is :)
1. Beat eggs and a small amount of milk in a mixing bowl. Pour into a very large skillet.
2. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally to scramble the eggs..
3. After a couple of minutes, add in Cheesy Rotel Dip, green onion and black olives. Continue cooking the eggs until done.
4. Spray a separate skillet with cooking spray and add a tortilla shell. Layer with shredded cheddar, egg mixture, more cheese and a second tortilla shell. Spray the top shell with cooking spray.
5. Cook over medium-low heat until the bottom shell begins to toast. Carefully flip the quesadilla over and toast the second shell.
6. Cut into wedges and enjoy.