I needed something called Danish Dessert for the Rice Krispie Ice Cream dessert I was making for my friend's birthday. Try as I may I couldn't find Danish Dessert anywhere in town. After visiting several groceries I messaged Kimmy (who had the recipe for the Rice Krispie Ice Cream dessert) if she had any recommendations for a good substitution. She did add a recommendation on her original post, but not until after I googled how to make my own. The one I found for Danish Dessert was really simple and tasted good but being as I have never had Danish Dessert it's hard to know how close of a substitute it is! The recipe I used and Kimmy's substitute are below :)
Strawberry Danish Dessert (The recipe I used) Source: Peggy's Pantry
1 C sugar
2 heaping tbsp cornstarch
1 pkg unsweetened Kool-Aid brand drink mix in desired flavor (I used strawberry)
2 C cold water
1. Mix all ingredients with a fork until well blended.
2. Put in a sauce pan and add 2 c. cold water. Cook until desired thickness.
3. Allow to cool before serving
Kimmy's Strawberry Danish Dessert Recipe Source: Kimmy's Kitchen
3 C water
1 C sugar
1 (3 oz.) package raspberry flavored gelatin
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
1. In medium saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil.
2. Mix jello with cornstarch and gradually add to boiling mixture.
3. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until mixture is clear and thickened slightly.
4. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.